Scores of Batch ‘A’ N-Power Teach beneficiaries, a social investment programme designed to engage unemployed graduates interested in teaching, have expressed fear over the two-year limit of the programme.
Those, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday, expressed fear that their two years engagement would soon wind-up; hence, they would again be thrown into the labour market.
Offa Robbery: Gang Leader Confession implicate Saraki ( Video)
NAN reports that each batch of the N-power programme of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is designed to last for two years.
Meanwhile, the first batch of the N-Power teach beneficiaries would be winding-up in November, creating fears in most of the beneficiaries recruited into both primary and secondary schools across the country.
The N-Power teach volunteers scheme is designed to help improve basic education delivery in the country.
The volunteers were deployed as teacher assistants in primary schools in the country, assisting with teaching, school management and other functions within the schools.
Miss Doherty Christian, an N-Power teacher, told NAN that she was grateful to the government for engaging her for two years but pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari for an extension of the programme.
Christian said she was already in love with the teaching job, adding that she would love to still stay around to impart knowledge into students.
She noted that their disengagement would be a disservice to the students who already have shortage of teachers, adding that the students were pleased when the N-Power came to fill the vacuum.
Mrs Elizabeth Omotayo, a teacher in one of the FCT secondary schools, said most of the schools suffered a dearth of teachers, adding that allowing the N-Power teachers to leave would be retrogression.
She called on the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to engage the N-Power teachers. This, she said, would further boost the quality of education in the FCT.
According to her, the students lack teachers in most of the important subjects, but when the N-Power teachers came, they filled the gap and they have had positive impact on the students.
Ahmed Abdullahi, also an N-Power teacher, called on the president not to disengage the teachers, adding that the ratio of teachers to students has now improved drastically.
He said rather than disengage them, the government should train and equip them, to improve the standard of education in the country.
Abdullahi said that since government was poised to improve the nation’s education, the N-Power would come handy, adding that disengaging the beneficiaries would do the country no good.
The Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, had in a town hall meeting with beneficiaries in Yola on June 5, said he was pleased to hear the impact of the programme on the citizen
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august