A nurse, Shukurat Adewumi, on Monday sought the dissolution of her 17-year-old marriage to her husband, Adewale, in a Customary Court sitting at Mapo in Ibadan on grounds that he forced to have 15 abortions.
Shukurat, a mother of three, made the claim in her counter argument before Chief Ademola Odunade, the court’s President.
NAN reports that she said, ”He forced me to have abortion 15 times, putting my life at risk.
”He denied paternity of my three children.
“Some years ago when he left me to live with his concubine, Adewale returned home well ill and I took care of him.
“For the past two years, he declined paternity of our last child and recently came home to steal the only gas cooker we have.
“Adewale smashed the cylinder on my forehead because I tried to prevent him from taking it away.
“I fainted and was hospitalized, his parents and relatives are all aware of his evil against me.
“Adewale has married two wives elsewhere,” Shukurat said.
In his earlier account, Adewale, a factory worker said that he filed the suit due to his wife’s constant threat on his life.
“Never did I know that she was a hooligan and street fighter when I got married to her.
“She has caused me so much embarrassment and I can no longer withstand it.
“I want custody of my children if she remarries,” Adewale stated.
Delivering judgment, Odunade who was represented by Alhaji Suleiman Apanpa dissolved the marriage in the interest of peace.
He awarded custody of the three children to the respondent and ordered the petitioner to pay N15,000 as their monthly feeding allowance.
He also directed Adewale to be responsible for their education and other welfare.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [4 Available Positions ]
- Edo State Civil Service Massive Teachers Recruitment 2020 [ EdoSTAR ]
- 2020 Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff at Achievers University
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST MEDIA. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to ejes[email protected]