MTN Nigeria Network Crashes : The MTN Network appears to have crashed, with over 77 million users experiencing service interruptions.
Ejes Gist News reports, the development comes just a few days after social media behemoths Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp all experienced global network outages that lasted several hours.
Read Also : Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today October 9th 2021 : See Black Market & CBN Exchange Rate)
Many MTN users complained on Saturday that they had been unable to connect through the South African network provider’s services since 2:00 pm, with “emergency calls only” appearing on their screens.
“I haven’t been able to make calls, use data, or use USSD for bank transactions since afternoon,” one user said. “The outage began around 2:00 pm with “emergency calls only” displayed on the screen of my MTN line.”
Some users who had previously subscribed to other telecommunication service providers have since switched over to keep in touch with friends and family.
MTN customers have also expressed their dissatisfaction on social media.
“Some of our customers are having trouble connecting to the network today,” MTN Nigeria said on its official Facebook page. We’ll look into it, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.”
According to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)’s most recent industry statistics, MTN is Nigeria’s largest telecommunications provider, with 77.35 million subscribers.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)