The 28-year-old woman was accused of stabbing her late husband, Edwin Anduaka, with a kitchen knife during a domestic quarrel, according to the State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, who paraded her before newsmen at the command headquarters in Ikeja.
Eje appeared to have been separated from her husband for a long time while recounting the incident. She said,
READ ALSO : Bandits Kill Fulani leader in Kaduna
“On that fateful day, my late husband came to my house in Ikorodu. He wanted to get a chain and a cloth from me when he was in my building, which he did. We got into a fight later, and I tried to calm him down, but he declined.
“He left, but returned the next day to visit me at my workplace. He said that he wanted to collect the children’s clothing, but I informed him that they would be attending school. I begged him to reconsider.
“I was carrying a knife at the time, and he began attacking me. Sadly, the knife I was carrying stabbed his stomach, causing him to collapse. He was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021