NIMR has list some notable symptoms of Monkeypox.
The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) has disclosed that fever, rashes, syphilis, chicken pox and so many other variants are symptoms of monkeypox.
People with the aforementioned disease should get tested, according to Professor Rosemary Audu, director of research at the National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), who told newsmen on Monday.
You may recall that in Epi Week 29, the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) reported 15 new confirmed positive cases of monkeypox from 10 states: Ondo (three), Taraba (two), Lagos (two), Bayelsa (two), Rivers (one), Kogi (one), Imo (one), Delta (one), Anambra (one), and Abia (one).
The director stated that mouth-to-skin and skin-to-skin contact are two ways in which the disease outbreak can spread beyond what is currently known.
Audu mentioned the institute’s research efforts and the development of a test kit for the illness. However, the test kit is still undergoing internal validation before being given to NCDC.
Therefore, the professor advised Nigerians to exercise greater caution and avoid making direct contact with people who were ill.
More public education and health screenings should also be implemented, she said.
That is all the latest Nigerian news on Monkeypox in Nigeria.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines