Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, on Friday met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.
Addressing State House reporters afterwards, Wike disclosed that the security situation in the state was on the agenda.
The Governor described his relationship with Buhari as cordial and said he was happy with the discussion.
He said: “I’m happy with the discussion and I believe that something has to be done about (security) it. Nothing political just security issue that affects the state and things that may lead to the breakdown of law and order. We talked on security challenges and he received me very well.
“We don’t have any bad relationship, I come here when he asks me to come.”
Wike also stated he was in support of any effort embarked upon by the Federal Government, to address insurgency and environmental challenges in the Niger Delta region.
On Boko Haram fight, he said “even though for me it’s illegal, however, we are told we are fighting insurgency and no right thinking person in the country will say that he would not support the government in fighting against insurgency.”
“But on the other hand too, I believe that when you are talking about environmental issues in the Niger Delta particularly the Ogoniland I believe that we can also take money from there (Excess Crude Account) to solve the problem of Ogoniland and other Niger Delta areas. That is my position,” Wike said.
Alleged KILLER SQUADS OF OKOWA RECRUITED BY HIS SGT ROGERS CALLED HILLARY IBEGBULEM PREPARED FOR 2019 ELECTIONS
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021