An angry youths lynched a Vehicle Inspection Officer who chased three Okada riders to their death.
Narrating the incident, Usman said, “ three Fulani youths namely Malami Mohammed, Juli Musa and Dawa Ali, of Oro village of Mariga Local Government Area, riding on an unregistered motorcycle, were told by the VIO to stop, but they refused to stop.
”They were chased by the VIO and they ran into a moving trailer with registration No. FKJ 512 XW that was coming from Tegina- Kampani Bobi area.
“All of them were crushed by the trailer and they died on the spot.”
“On realising what he did, the VIO ran towards Kampani Bobi Police outstation for safety; but he was pursued by irate mob and lynched,” the Commissioner added.
He said that already, reinforcement from Kontagora Division was drafted to the village to restore normalcy.
The Commissioner warned members of the public to desist from taking the law into their hands.
“We will not tolerate any act capable of bringing confusion to the state, as concrete security measures has since been put in place to guarantee peaceful coexistence among residents.
The Police chief warned that any person or group found culpable in connection with the incident would be arrested and prosecuted.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022