An enraged crowd in Anambra State’s Idemili Local Government Area burned two alleged armed robbers to death.
On Sunday morning, August 1, the incident occurred in the Mmili Ezigbo region of Oraukwu village.
READ ALSO: Appeal Court Affirms Charles Soludo As APGA Candidate, Calls for immediate Sanction of Judges in Jigawa, Abuja Judicial Heist
According to reports, the suspected thieves allegedly stole a Toyota Camry sedan from its owner in the neighbourhood and were apprehended by local vigilantes after receiving a distress call.
“Before surrendering to our overwhelming firepower, my crew engaged the suspects in a gun duel. The accused had been terrorising that part of town for quite some time before they were apprehended. We were about to hand over the suspects to the cops when a mob of enraged teenagers rushed in and lit them on fire “a member of the vigilante group, said
Ikenga Tochukwu, a spokesman for the Anambra State Police Command, confirmed the incident and stated that investigations had begun to determine what had happened.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer