Missing Kenyan police officer found dead with his head and hands chopped off
The body of a Kenyan Police Officer, Hesbon Okemwa Anunda, who went missing a week ago has been found at a thicket in the coastal island of Lamu, with his head and hand chopped off.
While investigations have been launched to establish the cause of his death, police constable, Hesbon Anunda, went missing on October 2nd from Kizingitini Police Station. His G3 rifle, which had 60 bullets was, however, found missing when the body was found.
Government officials said more than 40 police officers have died this year while combating terrorism and urban crime. Hilary Mutyambai, Inspector General of Police, said the government has put in place elaborate measures to curb deaths of security personnel while in the line of duty.
“We have prioritised safety measures for our police officers while on duty amid threats like terrorism, violent crime and banditry,’’ said Mutyambai.
He said that Somalia based Al-Shabaab militants continue to pose grave security threats in the northeastern and the coastal region
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021