Missing 19-year-old Nigerian activist found dead after tweeting about her sexual assault. oluwatoyin salau 2

Ejes Gist telegram link

Nigerian Born Activist Fund Dead. 

19-year-old Black Lives Matter protester Oluwatoyin “Toyin” Salau has reportedly been found dead a little over a week after she went missing in Tallahassee, Florida.

PAY ATTENTION TO : Fire Overruns Many Shops, Houses In Akure

The City of Tallahassee Police Department reported Sunday morning (Jun. 14) that two bodies were found just after 9:15 p.m. Saturday night (Jun. 13) while police were investigating a missing persons case.

Though officials have not released the names of the deceased, friends and family of Salau have confirmed via social media that one of the bodies found by police was hers.


Salau was last seen on June 6th, the day she wrote a series of disturbing messages on Twitter.

Just hours before she disappeared, Salau tweeted that a man had molested her that morning.

“Anyways I was molested in Tallahassee, Florida by a black man this morning at 5:30 on Richview and Park Ave,” she wrote.

ALSO READ : “No Punishment Is Too Severe For A Rapist, Even Though I Hates The Death Sentence” – Pastor Adeboye

The man offered to give me a ride to find someplace to sleep and recollect my belongings from a church I refuged to a couple days back to escape unjust living conditions.”

She continued: “He came disguised as a man of God and ended up picking me up from nearby Saxon Street. I entered his truck only because I carry anything to defend myself not even a phone (which is currently at the church) and I have poor vision. I trusted the holy spirit to keep me safe.

“When we arrived at his house he offered me a shower and I thanked him and shower and he gave me a change of clothes. He exposed himself to me by peeing with the bathroom open obviously knowing I was out of it.

“I told him about a sexual assault situation that happened to me in March involving Ivan a 32 year old Ghanaian man who currently schools at FAMU and lives at 211 Jakes and Patterson (I am currently 19 years old) who tried to force me to give him oral sex and then continued to [harass] me thru text and knocking at my door for days.”

She went on: “Going back to the situation that happened to me this morning, I did not fall asleep. He then asked me if I wanted a massage at this moment his roommate who was in the house was asleep. I was laying on my stomach trying to calm myself down from severe ptsd.

“He started touching my back and rubbing my body using my body until he climaxed and then went to sleep. Before I realized what happened to me I looked over and his clothes were completely off. Once I saw he was asleep I escaped from the house and started walking from Richview Road to anywhere else.

“All of my belongings my phone my clothes shoes are all assumably at the church where I’ve been trying to track since I sought spiritual guidance/refuge. I will not be silent. Literally wearing this man’s clothes right now DNA all over me because I couldn’t locate his house the moment I called the police because I couldn’t see.”

Possibly describing her alleged attacker, she added in a separate follow-up tweet: “Mid 40’s lives in a gray painted duplex apartment style house drives a white clean Silverado Chevrolet truck.”


A number of people replied to her Twitter thread offering help and asking whether she was OK. But she never responded and those tweets would end up being among the last messages she posted before she went missing and was later found dead.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.