The Organised labour in Niger state on Monday advised its employees to start an indefinite strike from February 4, over non implementation of the new nationwide minimum wage
NAN reports that the direction was included in a statement collectively signed by Mr Yakubu Garba, chairman Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), his Trade Union Congress (TUC) equivalents Yunusa Tanimu and offered to newsmen in Minna.
This was fixed after the arranged labour held an emergency situation joint State Executive Council (SEC) conference on Jan. 29, to solve on a notice of 21 days warning of strike action released to the federal government on Jan. 3, 2020.
“In compliance with the resolutions reached at the emergency situation joint State Executive Council (SEC) conference of Niger state arranged labour held at Labour House on Wednesday; 29th January, 2020.
“We write to formally inform you that all civil servants in Niger state are by this notice directed to proceed on an indefinite strike action with effect from midnight February 4, 2020, ” it checked out.
The statement stated the strike would be extensive will stay in force till the state federal government “demonstrate a clear and adequate commitment” to dealing with remaining concerns troubling on employees’ well-being.
Some of the needs of labour consisted of the instant application of the N30,000 National Minimum wagE and accumulated defaults to all classifications of employees both at the state and city government levels.
The NLC is likewise requiring the instant resumption of payment of exceptional yearly leave grant for 2019 to employees at both state and city government level.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization