Over 200 pose naked for an art installation at the Dead Sea
On Monday, 200 naked people painted white took part in an art installation at the Dead Sea to draw attention to the world’s saltiest body of water’s ongoing destruction.
Read Also: Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate Today October 19th 2021: See Black Market & CBN Official Rate
Tunick told the newspaper, “The Dead Sea is vanishing.” “We need to find a way to maintain the level or bring freshwater into the Dead Sea while also keeping all surrounding countries hydrated. “Water is the source of life.”
For years, the Dead Sea’s water level has been dropping between Israel, the West Bank, and Jordan.
The ground is sinking at the beach in some places.
The Jordan River feeds the lake, which is more than 400 metres below sea level.
The naked people were painted white in honour of Lot’s wife from the Bible.
She became a pillar of salt at the Dead Sea, according to legend, because she looked back at Sodom, a city destroyed by God for its wickedness, despite a divine prohibition.
This is Tunick’s third model-based installation at the Dead Sea.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications