ISWAP Commander, Abou Maryam has been killed in a Military airstrikes
In airstrikes coordinated along the fringes of Lake Chad in Borno State, the Nigerian military killed an ISWAP Commander, Modu Kime, also known as Abou Maryam, and his fighters.
The top ISWAP commanding officer met his death in airstrikes carried out on the river banks of Bisko and Tumbum Tawaye in the Abadam Local Government Area, according to PRNigeria.
After intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions revealed the location of the terror kingpin while coordinating attacks, the operation was carried out.
According to reports from the ground, scores of terrorists and the commander were killed as a result of the air airstrikes.
An intelligence officer told PRNigeria that Abou Maryam, who has the phone number +22788036182, was on the intelligence services’ radar.
“We have been intercepting his communications and coordination of attacks by his terror group, mostly in Borno State, for quite some time.”
He had been active in the Tumbum Tawaye, Bisko, Garere, Arkumma, Dumbawa, Zari, and Gundumbali LGAs.
Abou Maryam orchestrated attacks on military troops and soft targets, primarily in the Damasak, Nganzai, and Gajiram areas, as well as on the outskirts of Maiduguri.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications