Mercy Corps is a main world group powered by the assumption that a higher world is feasible. In catastrophe, in hardship, in greater than 40 international locations world wide, we companion to place daring options into motion — serving to people overcome adversity and construct stronger communities from inside. Mercy Corps has been working in Nigeria since 2012 in essentially the most marginalized areas of the nation to ship pressing, lifesaving help and promote growth. We companion with communities to assist them recuperate and rebuild whereas addressing root causes of battle, insecurity, and inequality. Every month we assist be certain that greater than 100,000 people have sufficient meals to eat, and our work impacts the lives of over 600,000 people throughout the nation.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Procurement Intern
Reference Number: ABV/OPS/2019/0018
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Status: Internship
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly to: Senior Procurement Officer
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps has been current in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian help, financial growth, and battle mitigation
- With the continued insurgency in Northeast Nigeria inflicting the displacement of thousands and thousands of people, Mercy Corps began its humanitarian response in 2014 to deal with the rising humanitarian wants
- As the disaster has endured, Mercy Corps’ technique has additionally expanded to deal with the foundation causes of the battle and search to construct the long run resilience of communities with built-in applications specializing in governance, the restoration of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social safety, youth empowerment, and native battle administration.
General Position Summary
- The Procurement Department is dedicated to implementing and sustaining the very best requirements of effectivity and integrity in the acquisition of products and companies
- The overriding goal for all Mercy Corps procurement exercise is the immediate and efficient provision of supplies and companies to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specs.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Learn all MC Field procurement insurance policies and process FP3
- Update contract monitoring sheet each day
- Ensure items are obtained in accordance with Mercy Corps requirements.
- Prepare the required documentation of provides and transactions are accomplished to MC requirements.
- Update Completed PR Master listing with all assigned PRs
- Preparing funds for all assigned procurements the place relevant
- Identify property in the course of the course of procurement and notify the Asset Controller on receipts of property.
- The Procurement intern will conduct himself/herself each professionally and personally in such a method as to convey credit score to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Update On-going PR Master listing with all assigned buy requests on each day foundation
- Scan and obtain all accomplished transactions as on frequently
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by supervisor – as per Mercy Corps requirements and codecs;
- Interact with distributors throughout assortment of quotations – clarify Mercy Corps codecs and be certain that distributors will use the supplied kinds.
- Ensure honest competitors and strictly adhere to MC procurement guidelines concerning vendor relations as described under:
- Interact with distributors, in coordination along with your supervisor; coordinating with Finance division to make sure funds are facilitated in a well timed method
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and insurance policies as decided by nation management.
- Proactively be certain that crew members function in a safe surroundings and are conscious of insurance policies.
- Work intently with Mercy Corps Nigeria nation crew’s safety point of interest to develop and keep programs that guarantee the protection and safety of the crew in all points of its implementation course of.
- As a part of our dedication to organizational studying and in assist of our understanding that studying organizations are simpler, environment friendly and related to the communities they serve, we anticipate all crew members to commit 5% of their time to studying actions that profit Mercy Corps in addition to themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps crew members are anticipated to assist all efforts towards accountability, particularly to our beneficiaries and to worldwide requirements guiding worldwide reduction and growth work.
- Accountable for following Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, the MC Code of conduct concerning procurement actions and MC Conflict of Interest coverage.
Knowledge and Experience
- Conscientious with a superb sense of judgment.
- Ability to work concurrently on a number of duties.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Computer literate and powerful organizational expertise.
- Excellent oral and written English expertise.
- Willingness and skill to work successfully with a large number of people.
- Excellent interpersonal expertise.
- Ability to work as a part of a crew and coordinate with undertaking personnel.
- The capability to work together successfully with worldwide and nationwide personnel is required. A demonstrated capability to multi-task, meet deadlines and course of data in assist of fixing program actions is critical. The most profitable Mercy Corps employees members have a sturdy dedication to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and altering environments and make efficient written and verbal communication a precedence in all conditions.
- Mercy Corps crew members symbolize the company each throughout and outdoors work hours. Team members are anticipated to conduct themselves in a skilled method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
- The place is predicated in Abuja and would require journey to discipline places of work in and round Mercy Corps Nigeria as and when required.
- The intern will likely be anticipated to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will likely be paid a month-to-month allowance of N57,000
- Enabling working surroundings
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers symbolize the company each throughout and outdoors of labor hours and are anticipated to conduct themselves in a skilled method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to send their CV and Cover Letters in one doc, addressing the place necessities, reference quantity and placement to: [email protected] utilizing the Job title as the topic of the mail.
- All functions should embrace the place title and reference quantity in the topic line
- Please notice that solely short-listed candidates will likely be contacted for interview
- We are an equal alternative group so girls are strongly inspired to use for this place
Application Deadline seventh June, 2019.
Check this Job Also : Niger Construction Limited (NIGERCAT) 2019 Nationwide Mass Recruitment
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines