The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), National Programme Management Unit invitations Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of undertaking workers beneath the FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project:
Job Title: Market and Enterprise Development Advisor (MEDA)
- In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the want to make sure self-sufficiency In home meals manufacturing, the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP) beneath the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set as much as assist Federal Governments strategic imaginative and prescient for development and improvement via strengthening of the agricultural sector with a purpose to enhance meals security, speed up financial development and cut back vulnerability for smallholder farmers notably ladies and youths.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement on a sustainable foundation, Incomes and meals security of poor rural households engaged in the manufacturing, processing and advertising and marketing of Rice and Cassava in Six States of Anambra, Benua, Ebonyi Niger, Ogun and Taraba States”.
- Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably certified and candidates to take part in the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP).
- The Market and Enterprise Development Advisor (MEDA) will work beneath the direct supervision of the National Programme Coordinator.
- The Market and Enterprise Development Advisor (MEDA) will work beneath the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (PM), in shut collaboration with SPMU Business and Market Development Officer (SBMOG), the SPMU Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officer and the National authorities. Overall, the NBMDA will lead the sub-part designed to extend worth addition and enhance entry to markets by small and medium-scale producers and processors.
- Coordinating the improvement, implementation and monitoring of VCD measures and actions in supporting coverage and regulatory framework for selling enabling setting for VCD.
- Provide the management, technical steerage and supervision for the initiation and execution of assist measures, actions and processes for high quality management and standardization of processed merchandise beneath the VCDP,
- Lead and supervise the formulation and implementation of measures and interventions for rising the entry of VC operators to market info and bettering market linkages between producers, processors and market operators.
- Develop and supervise the execution of VCDP measures and interventions designed to strengthen the enterprise administration capability of submit-harvest VC operators (people and organizations) for improved enterprise, organizational and company performance and sustainability.
- Give technical course and administration management in figuring out actions and mechanisms for the implementation of the measures and actions in the selling the use of worth addition applied sciences together with submit-harvest dealing with, processing, storage and packaging.
- Deal and work together with nationwide and state authorities businesses in consultative and collaborative actions.
- Select service suppliers the place mandatory and formulation of TORs and scope of work for the service suppliers.
- Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service suppliers for the numerous actions and assignments.
- Provide technical supervision of the work of the States’ Business and Market Development Officers and the State Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officers.
- Provide technical steerage and coordination for the acquisition of agro-processing tools and applied sciences beneath the VCOP.
- Source and use info from numerous sources for the implementation and coordination of actions and measures for the promotion of worth addition and enchancment of market entry byVO operators: and
- Design capability constructing and technical help measures and actions in the areas of coverage and regulatory assist, worth addition, market entry, enterprise administration, high quality management and standardization.
Reporting and Location:
- The place will likely be based mostly in the NPMU workplace positioned in Abuja. The MEDA will report on to the National Programme Coordinator.
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the undertaking is prolonged and based mostly on performance.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in any of the Management or Social Sciences together with Agricultural Economics, Economics or associated fields,
- Strong background in enterprise and advertising and marketing blended with sensible abilities and at least 5 years work expertise on points and programmes referring to agricultural commodity advertising and marketing, agro-processing and agro-industrial improvement and MSME promotion.
- Good negotiation, inter-private and relational abilities.
- Previous expertise in working with authorities and non-public sector will likely be an excellent benefit,
- Integrity and confidentiality
Application Closing Date
12PM; ninth June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) Applications in ten (10) copies together with one unique and 9 (9) photocopies, correctly sealed and clearly marked at the prime proper hand cowl ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of National Procurement Officer beneath FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should embrace a CV and an application letter with cowl letter suited to the place being utilized for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]