Naledi Pandor, South African minister of foreign affairs, says there are many Nigerians in the country involved in drug and human trafficking.
Pandor said this on Thursday while responding to criticisms that South Africa’s security agencies are not doing enough to protect foreigners in the wave of xenophobia rocking the country.
Many Nigerians based in South Africa lost properties worth millions of dollars in the fresh attacks.
But in an interview with eNCA, a South African outfit, Pandor said South Africans believe many Nigerians are “harming our young people.”
ALSO READ: EFCC arrests 48 ‘Yahoo boys’ in 3 States
Asked if the country’s security agencies have helped in protecting foreigners including Nigerians, she responded:
“I would appreciate them in helping us as well to address the belief our people have and the reality that there are many persons from Nigeria dealing in drugs in our country.
“I believe that Nigerian nationals are involved in human trafficking and other abusive practices.
“These kind of assistance of ensuring that such persons do not come to our country will be of great assistance to our nation.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021