Many Dead As Truck Loses Control, Crushes Traders In Ondo Market
Many people are said to have been killed and injured after a truck conveying some bags of rice on Saturday lost control in Ondo State.
The truck said to have lost control and crushed several traders and pedestrians at a market in Akungba Akoko area of Ondo State.
Ejes Gist Media gathered that the driver of the truck lost control of the wheel while descending a hill in the Ikare axis, a commercial hub of the town.
An eyewitness, Ado Adebayo, who confirmed the incident, to Ejes Gist Media said he counted at least four dead bodies at the scene of the accident.
He disclosed that victims of the incident were already being moved to the hospital.
“The truck driver lost control of the wheels after his brake failed and rammed into traders and pedestrians at Ibaka Market, killing many of them in the process.
“A woman and two of her children were among those killed by the truck.
“In anger, residents and traders set ablaze the bags of rice,” the eyewitness said.
An officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps, said rescue operation was ongoing.
# Many Dead As Truck Loses Control • Crushes Traders In Ondo Market • Naija News Today
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)