A man identified as Isaac Evaghoghome has been arraigned by a High Court sitting in Calabar, Cross River State capital for having carnal knowledge of a 6-year-old girl.
Evaghoghome was sentenced to 7 years and 6 months imprisonment with no option of fine by Justice E. E Ita, on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
Isaac Evaghoghome pleaded guilty to the charge of rape of the minor (6 years at the time of the incident)
Reacting to the judgement on Friday, Barr. James Ibor, head of Basic Rights Counsel Initiative (BRCI) said he was pleased with the ruling.
“ANOTHER WIN. Isaac Evaghoghome who pleaded guilty to the Charge of rape of a child (6 years at time of incident) was sentenced to a term of 7 years and 6 months with no option of fine. We appreciate the efforts of Basic Rights Counsel Initiative Legal team, Staff and Volunteers, Cross River State Ministry of Justice and the Commissioner of Police” he stated.
Get Auto Insurance Online, Geico Insurance, Start Online College Today, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State