A 40-year-old man identified as Kabiru Zakari has been sentenced to 40 days in prison by a Grade 1 Area Court Karu, Abuja on Tuesday, November 24, for stealing sweets and boxers in a supermarket.
The judge, Inuwa Maiwada gave the verdict after the convict had pleaded guilty to a two-count charge of criminal trespass and theft.
Maiwada, however, gave an option of N10, 000 fine, with a warning that the convict desist from committing crimes.
He also ordered that he should undergo an intensive Islamic study at the prison for better transformation of character.
Earlier, the prosecutor, Ayotunde Adeyanju told the court that one Agida Stephen, a manager at Fordmart Supermarket, Karu, Abuja, reported the matter at the Karu Police Station on November 6.
The complainant said that on the same date, the convict trespassed into the above-mentioned supermarket, disguised as a customer, picked two bottles of water, packet of sweets and three boxers, valued at N4,500.
According to the complainant, the convict hid the boxers under his clothes and only paid for the two bottles of water and sweets to enable him pass the security check.
“However, unknown to the convict, that he was captured by the supermarket CCTV and during police investigation, he confessed to the crime,” Adeyanju said.
The prosecutor said the offence contravened Sections 348 and 288 of the Penal Code Law.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State