A Nigerian passenger, Jude Oladapo, on Saturday slumped and died while undergoing boarding procedures at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos State.
The Spokesperson for the MMIA Police Command, Lagos, DSP Joseph Alabi, who confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday said that the 44-year-old passenger was about boarding an Air France flight when he suddenly slumped after receiving news that his wife had died.
According to him, the incident happened at about 5.30 p.m. and the deceased was confirmed dead by Dr Ajayi Olamide of the MMIA Medical Clinic.
Alabi added that the corpse had been deposited at the Air Force Hospital Mortuary.
Meanwhile, Alabi also dismissed claims that a Royal Air Maroc aircraft, with registration number CN-ROR was burgled while landing at the MMIA on Oct. 11.
He said that the police had carried out investigation and confirmed that all necessary security landing procedures were observed.
“There is a standard procedure, which includes an escort vehicle following an aircraft that is landing, which will make it difficult for any invader to approach the aircraft.
“The aviation security officials confirmed that they arrived at the aircraft with its baggage cabin door already opened which might have been due to other factors,” Alabi said.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )