A man merely named as Christopher has been arrested in Edo state for reportedly beating his wife, Mrs. Isoken Christopher, to death for allegedly refusing to give him a N2,000 loan.
Man beats his wife to death : Screen of the Act.
According to The Nation, the 45-year-old suspect, who is described as a chain smoker and drunk by Augustine, the eldest of his three children, beat the businesswoman to death on Saturday night, June 26 at their home, which is located at No. 1, Agbontaen Street beside Ebvareke Secondary School, off Agboniro Street, Uselu, Benin, the Edo State capital.
Augustine, 13, claims that his father, who works for a garbage disposal company in Benin, has developed a habit of violently beating their mother, a fashion products dealer, at the least provocation over the years.
Augustine claims that his father called their mother on the phone and demanded a N2,000 loan, after which he began beating the deceased when he returned home around 9 p.m. and the money was not given to him quickly.
“I tried to give my mother paracetamol and drinking water after the initial beating but my father threw them away. She then went to bathe after which she lied down outside to rest a little before coming inside to sleep but my father locked us inside the room and resumed the beating of my weak mother outside.
Neighbours later helped us (the three children) to open the door, only to see our dead mother on the ground. She was then rushed to two different hospitals in the neighbourhood where she was confirmed dead.”he said
The suspect was held at the Textile Mill Police Station in Benin, according to the state police command’s spokesperson, Bello Kotongs, who added that he will be taken to the state police headquarters in the Government Reservation Area (GRA) for further investigation on Monday, June 28.
“The man (Christopher) asked his wife to loan him some money (N2,000) out of the money she made at a burial she earlier attended on Saturday. When she refused, he then beat her to death.”Kotongs said.
# Man beats his wife to death
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)