An FCT High Court in Maitama has actually given the application of the Economic as well as Financial Crimes Commission to maintain the former Attorney-General of the (*14*) as well as Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, in its safekeeping for added 14 days.
Justice Othman Musa, a holiday judge of the court, that on December 20, 2019, given the EFCC the first 14 days remand order, on Thursday prolonged the order for another 14 days in primary for the accusation of the former AGF.
In approving the application, the judge mentioned that “the extension of the remand of the respondent for another 14 days for the purpose of his arraignment in court is necessary and granted as prayed.”
A former Attorney-General of the (*14*) (AGF) as well as Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN)
Adoke, that had actually given that 2016 been billed with $1.1bn Malabu Oil fraud, went back to the nation, finishing his over 4 years self-exile on December 19.
He was consequently jailed on arrival at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja by operatives of the International Police Organisation as well as turned over to the EFCC.
During resting of the court on Tuesday, hearing of a bond application for Adoke endured an obstacle when his legal representative, Benson Igbanoi, wished an adjournment of the hearing of the application to make it possible for the applicant’s lawful group to react to the counter-affidavit submitted by the EFCC against it.
His legal representative had actually prompted the court to adjourn the hearing to January 2.
However, EFCC’s legal representative, Bala Sanga, kept in mind that it was far better to have the application returned to the judge taking care of the pending criminal costs given that the trip of the court’s courts would certainly finish quickly.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance