Buhari Integrity is at stack
Who brought Maina back to the federal civil service commission? Is a very big Question whose answer can restore Buhari integrity.
Even before the Maina scandal, Buhari was facing criticism for allegedly sitting on a report into claims of graft by Nigeria's top civil servant and the intelligence agency chief.
Nigeria Youths Rise and Take Your Place
The report, into an alleged kickback scheme involving aid money for victims of Boko Haram and the discovery of $43 million in cash at a Lagos apartment, was submitted in August.
Debo Adeniran, from the Centre for Anti-Corruption and Open Leadership lobby group, said the Maina case was "a big embarrassment and shame to Nigeria".
RE: DELTA APPROVES N7.04BN FOR CONSTRUCTION OF AYAKOROMO BRIDGE
"It shows that there are people in Buhari's administration that are not committed to his ideals concerning the anti-corruption war," he said.
"By recalling Maina to the civil service after being implicated in a pension scam, this regime has put a big question mark on the president's integrity.
"Buhari's much-publicised anti-corruption credentials have been tainted. It shows that he is the only one who believes in the crusade."
It has long been suspected that not everyone in government shared Buhari's anti-corruption zeal but leading lawyer Femi Falana said the situation could still be salvaged.
Maina should be located, charged and put on trial alongside anyone who helped him, he said.
National ID Card:Bayelsa Govt Laments Poor Registration
"Those who recalled and promoted the fugitive ought to be sanctioned by President Buhari to serve as a deterrent to others who may wish to sabotage the war against corruption."
But while Buhari should be given credit for ordering an investigation, "follow-up action" was essential to show the public how serious his government is about tackling the issue
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august