Maina Arrested In Niger Republic live Update
Nigeria Police Force on Tuesday said the former Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), Abdulrashid Abdullahi Maina, will soon be extradited to Nigeria.
Maina was arrested in the Niger Republic on Monday after jumping bail and declared wanted by an Abuja High Court.
He is facing corruption charges in Nigeria.
Senator Ali Ndume, who stood as surety for Mr. Maina was remanded in prison by a court before he was granted bail on November 27
Abdulrasheed Maina, a former pensions boss is facing money laundering charges
The former PRTT chairman jumped bail which prompted the court to order the arrest of Senator Ali Ndume who stood surety for him
According to report, Maina has been finally caught in a town in Niger Republic where he was hiding
A report by the PRNigeria indicates that the fleeing former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), Abdulrasheed Maina, has been arrested.
Ejesgist.com gathered that Maina was rounded up on the night of Monday, November 30, by the operatives of intelligence service in a collaboration with men of anti-corruption agency in Nigeria in a town in the Niger Republic.
According to the report, a top intelligence officer said that the arrest was made possible due to an existing mutual relationship and security agreement between the two neighbouring countries.
Maina is facing a 12-count money laundering charge levelled against him and a firm by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
The anti-graft agency alleged that Maina, as chairman of the defunct PRTT, used the account of the firm for money laundering to the tune of about N2 billion, part of which he used to acquire landed properties in Abuja.
In another report, on Friday, November 27, the senator representing Borno South at the Senate, Ali Ndume, was granted bail by the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja.
Justice Abang ordered the lawmaker to produce one surety who must be a resident of Abuja and present evidence of ownership of property anywhere in Abuja.
The senator was arrested over his suretyship for Maina, believed to have jumped bail.
Meanwhile, Ejesgist.com had previously reported that a Federal High Court in Abuja gave a House of Representatives member, Umar Sani Dan Galadima up till Friday, December 4, to produce Faisal, the son of Abdulrasheed Maina.
It was reported that Faisal is being prosecuted before the court on money laundering related offences.
He was granted bail in December 2019, with the lawmaker standing surety for him upon signing a N60million bond.
# Maina Arrested In Niger Republic
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer