The Presidential Panel investigating the suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, has rejected a request for video recording of the proceedings.
The panel chairman explained that such clips were not authorised by the committee. According to an insider, the panel made this known during the proceeding on Wednesday. It was gathered that the panel, however, promised to Magu fair hearing.
The source said that Salami explained to Magu that he is not trial, adding that the committee was only an investigative one and not a trial court.
The source said: “In the proceedings of August 5, 2020, His Lordship, Justice Isa Ayo Salami, offered clarifications as follow:
“That he and the members are not conducting a trial or enquiry on Mr. Ibrahim Magu or the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
“That this is not a panel but a committee saddled only with investigation. That the committee undertakes to guarantee fair hearing to Magu and all appearing before it in its fact-finding exercise
“The request of Mr Ibrahim Magu for the video recording of the proceedings cannot be granted because the previous recordings of the proceedings at the beginning was unauthorised by the investigation committee and the committee does not know the purpose such recordings will serve.
“The venue of the sitting of the committee is temporary and therefore it is impossible to install video recording equipment as requested by Magu. Even the superior courts of records do not have video recording facilities and lack of such facilities does not infringe on fair hearing.
“The committee undertakes to guarantee fair hearing to Magu and all appearing before it in its fact-finding exercise.”
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august