Information at Ejesgist Media desk confirmed that Magistrate Banji Ayeomoni of Okitipupa Magistrates’ Court in Ondo State, together with his son Dara, another relation and his driver were reported dead in an inferno caused by a petrol tanker spillage in Ekpoma.
An official of the court, who spoke on condition of anonymity said, on Saturday, that the incident happened on Friday night close to Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma.
The official said that the late Ayeomoni went to visit his children at Ekpoma, adding that while returning his vehicle ran into the petrol spillage caused by a tanker which caused fire and other vehicles behind were also affected.
The source added that the Magistrate’s son, Dara, who is a 500 level student of medicine of AAU, a young boy, who is the son of the deceased’s sister-in-law and the driver died at an undisclosed hospital shortly after the accident.
“We heard that the late Magistrate went to visit his children at AAU when the incident occurred through a petrol tanker oil spillage, which claimed their lives. It was indeed very sad news to all members of staff and lawyers in our court,’’ the source said. Meanwhile, Insp. Zedekiah Orogbemi, the court’s prosecutor who also confirmed the incident, said that he was shocked when he got the news.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021