Magistrate Court remands mother of 4 for allegedly killing her housemaid in Kano
In Kano State, a magistrate court has sent a mother of four, Fatima Hamza, to jail custody over the death of her 16-year-old maid.
It will be remembered that after being accused of beating the late Khadija Rabiu to a pulp and inserting dried pepper and metal object in her vagina for not doing the house chores she was told to do, Mrs Hamza was arrested.
It was said that the teenager, who is an indigenous person from Kwara State, died as a result of the injuries she suffered from the beating. Her co-housemaid, who previously said that Khadija died as a result of injuries from the beating she sustained, later withdrew her statement.
READ ALSO : Watch Video: 3 allegedly Suffocate to Death as Hundreds of Students Struggle to write GST Exam In Overcrowded Hall in EBSU (videos)
Sitting in the Gyadi-Gyadi area of the state metropolis on Monday, Magistrate Court No 8 ordered Hamza to be detained for murder in a correctional centre.
Barrister Asma’u Ado, State Counsel, told the court that the woman was brought before the court on a one-count charge of guilty homicide that contradicts Penal Code Law section 224.
The individual accused pleaded not guilty.
Barrister Ibrahim Abdullahi Chedi, her lawyer, applied for bail on health grounds, noting that while in police detention, the accused had a miscarriage and her baby was also not feeling well.
“As our client had a miscarriage due to shock, we have a medical report from the Police Headquarters Medical Centre. And as a nursing mother, her daughter is also sick, so we are seeking bail so that our client can have access to a facility for better medical care,” he said.
However, the state counsel objected to the request on the ground that the medical report did not indicate a particular illness suffered by the accused person “apart from the miscarriage from which she will recover as she continues to take her drugs.”
Chief Magistrate Ibrahim Khalil Mahmood, the presiding judge, subsequently ordered the accused person to be detained in a correctional centre and adjourned the case to February 16 for a decision on the bail application.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State