President Andry Rajoelina was the target of an assassination attempt, according to the prosecutor general’s office of Madagascar, which arrested many “foreign and Malagasy” suspects.
According to diplomatic sources, two French people were among those arrested on Tuesday on the Indian Ocean island nation “as part of an inquiry for endangering state security.
In a statement posted overnight, prosecutor Berthine Razafiarivony said, “Several foreign and Madagascar nationals were arrested on Tuesday, July 20 as part of an inquiry into an attack on state security.”
“At this stage of the investigation, which is ongoing,” she continued, “the prosecutor-office general’s guarantees us that we will shed light on this case.”
On June 26, during the country’s Independence Day celebrations, the gendarmerie stated that they had averted an assassination attempt on their commander, General Richard Ravalomanana, who is also the president’s right-hand man.
The post ” Madagascar President, Rajoelina Escapes Assassination Attempt first published by AFP
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal