President Andry Rajoelina was the target of an assassination attempt, according to the prosecutor general’s office of Madagascar, which arrested many “foreign and Malagasy” suspects.
According to diplomatic sources, two French people were among those arrested on Tuesday on the Indian Ocean island nation “as part of an inquiry for endangering state security.
In a statement posted overnight, prosecutor Berthine Razafiarivony said, “Several foreign and Madagascar nationals were arrested on Tuesday, July 20 as part of an inquiry into an attack on state security.”
“At this stage of the investigation, which is ongoing,” she continued, “the prosecutor-office general’s guarantees us that we will shed light on this case.”
On June 26, during the country’s Independence Day celebrations, the gendarmerie stated that they had averted an assassination attempt on their commander, General Richard Ravalomanana, who is also the president’s right-hand man.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers