Prof Moji Adeyeye, Director General of NAFDAC
As Nigerians await the outcome of the test patiently, the Federal Government is subjecting Madagascar wonder drug to, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has stated the conditions it will adopt if it passes the test.
NAFDAC said it would have a lifespan of two years as against the five that conventional drugs have.
âUnlike the orthodox medicine, with the herbal medicine, it is given linctus status, it is not given full registration, and that means it has a life span of two years, unlike conventional drug that has a life span of five years. So, this is what will apply to the Madagascar drug. We would ensure that the claims being made are true.â
This was revealed by the agencyâs Director of Public Relations, Dr. Abubakar Jimoh, who spoke on behalf of the agencyâs director-general, Prof Mojisola Adeyeye, noted that the agency would prioritize the laboratory examination of the product once it received it from the authorities.
The report is in âSunday Punch.â
He was further quoted as saying, âWhen the drug arrives, it will go to the Minister of Health who will, in turn, hand it over to NAFDAC through the PTF. It is after that; we would start our laboratory examination. It will be subjected to the standard procedure.
âWe would expedite action on this because everyone is anxiously waiting for the result. We would speed it up, but it will still have to go through the standard laboratory analysis and medical evaluation.
President Muhammadu Buhari had, on Saturday, said that the drug â COVID Organics â must first go through scientific testing before it can be used in Nigeria.
Meanwhile, Madagascar has quit the World Health Organisation and advise other African Nations to do the same.
# Prof Moji Adeyeye, Director General of NAFDAC
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOUÂ Â
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment â3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment atÂ OyoÂ state civil service commissionÂ
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE :Â No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]