Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) has counseled the Federal Government for introducing monetary pointers for native authorities areas within the nation via the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU).
The Federal Government had ordered that federal allocations to LGAs be disbursed directly to their respective bank accounts ranging from June 2019.
The union stated it might guarantee transparency and grassroots growth.
Comrade Bola Taiwo, the State Chairman of NULGE in Ondo State, said this throughout a media briefing on Monday in Akure.
Taiwo stated that the transfer was laudable as a result of native authorities autonomy had been a precedence of the union for lengthy.
“We are happy because this is a dream come true. We have been yearning and agitating for this because autonomy to local government areas has been our priority,” he stated.
According to him, the brand new pointers serve as a mechanism that can safeguard, defend and permit for transparency within the native authorities joint account administration.
“Joint account is a constitutional matter,” he stated.
He famous that the union would prepare and educate its members to look into actions of every native authorities in order that there wouldn't be any violation of the rules.
“It is said that anybody that violates this rule will be dealt with and if there are violations the union must cry out immediately,” Taiwo stated.
He, subsequently, urged state governments working caretaker committees as directors to desist, saying such step was not a real illustration of the people on the grassroots.
“Election at native authorities space is one other situation that have to be taken critically by state governments.
“Setting up caretakers committees to man affairs of native council is one other technique of siphoning cash as a result of the committee members will not be elected however chosen by governors whom they're accountable to.
“Therefore, all caretaker committees should be sacked,” he stated..
Taiwo additionally cautioned Ondo State Government to take assessment its plans of making native council growth areas, saying funds to maintain them is perhaps an amazing problem.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Video: Husband , Wife Burnt beyond Recognition
- Job for Project Construction Manager ( Subgrade Earthwork) at China Geo-engineering Company - Nationwide
- Executive House Keeper, Food and Beverage Manager needy at Rovedana Limited
- Sales Supervisor at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited - Onitsha, Edo, Ondo, Ebonyi & Lagos
- Nestle Nigeria Plc Job for Factory Costing Analyst
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 225
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 12
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1027
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1512
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 146
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1111
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9