Femi Falana, Senior Advocate of Nigeria has said the International Criminal Court (ICC) must be patient before probing the recent shooting of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020.
Ejes Gist Media recall that the office of the ICC Prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, on Wednesday said it has started a preliminary investigation into the alleged killings and rights abuse of #EndSARS protesters in Nigeria.
Bensouda added that the court has received information on alleged crimes committed by security operatives in Nigeria during the protests.
Falana in a statement said, the ICC has to wait a while before it starts its investigation into the matter. The Human rights activist asked the ICC to confirm whether the Nigerian government is prepared to bring perpetrators of unlawful killings in the #EndSARS protests to book.
Falana noted that the only grounds the ICC could intervene is if the federal and the Lagos state governments fail to prosecute the security operatives responsible for the shooting and killing of the unarmed protesters.
Femi Falana, SAN is a Nigerian lawyer and human rights activist who contested and lost the governorship election of Ekiti State in 2007 on the platform of the National Conscience Party, a party he served as National Chairman in 2011. Wikipedia
# Femi Falana # Senior Advocate of Nigeria # Lekki Shooting: Reason ICC has to wait
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)