Lawyer to Salami Panel
I was Hired to Incriminate Ibrahim Magu
An Abuja-based lawyer, Victor Giwa, says his former client, Donald Wokoma, hired him to incriminate the suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu.
ALSO READ : Breaking News: IGP Dispatches Detectives To Rearrest Serial Killer Who Escaped From Custody
Giwa made this known in a letter dated August 15 and addressed to Justice Ayo Salami, the Chairman of the Presidential Panel probing the allegations leveled against Magu by the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN) and the activities of the EFCC under Magu.
ALSO READ : Worldwide Coronavirus Recoveries Pass 15 Million
Recall that Wokoma had accused Magu of attempted extortion in the region of N75 million Giwa. In his testimony before the committee, Wokoma reportedly presented an audiotape of his conversation with Giwa in order to implicate Magu.
But according to the letter, Giwa alleged that Wokoma had made a desperate move to lure him to nail the suspended acting EFCC chairman.
“I, Victor Giwa, request to provide additional information to state that the said information and petition was borne out of a desperate move of Donald Wokoms to lure me into indicting the Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu of the EFCC, with a promise that his money will be released,” Giwa said.
ALSO READ : They Paraded Me Like a Common Criminal” Magu Writes Salami Panel, Speaks on Allegations, Makes Demands
(Opens in a new browser tab)
“My refusal was what has led to the presentation of an audio recording of client-lawyer conversation which is privilege information.
“I will be grateful if I am given the opportunity to give additional facts.”
# Lawyer to Salami Panel # I was Hired to Incriminate Ibrahim Magu
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]