Solar Turbines – Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Representative (FSR)
Auto req ID: 7334BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Travel Requirements: 50% to 75%
Job Category: Field Services
- This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work.
- Work is normally performed according to specific, detailed instructions with latitude to act independently increasing with the individual’s professional development.
Nature and Scope:
- The FSR I will report directly to the FSS. They must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of all Solar product lines.
- Understand and comply with Solar and customer HSSE policies and procedures. Ensure the work permit system is complied with. Participates by attending general safety and toolbox safety meetings and toolbox safety meetings and completing all required safety training including CLMS training courses.
- Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems. Solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely and cost effective manner. Will be aware of procedures and options for identifying sources of information and technical advice. Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Work individually or with assigned FSR’s on the preventive/corrective maintenance. Will be required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
- Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out in line with Solar Engineering specifications, manufacturing recommendations and in a safe manner in accordance with the HSSE policies and procedures.
- Utilize the Work Force Management Process and system to manage work orders. This includes performing pre-work by reviewing and updating site safety information, managing employee information, and availability. The WFM application will also be used to record and report time, manage software and drawing changes, generate daily reports, review hardship data, and manage the task library.
- Ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Ensure all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with company policy, manufacture’s recommendations and good practices.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of various equipment associated with primary and utility equipment.
- Must be able to proactively recognize electrical/mechanical abnormalities and potential safety problems and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard from developing and causing damage to equipment. Provide daily reports to the relevant manager on projects or daily work. Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects. Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Accurately report and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable, customer representatives.
- The FSR I will have served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent period of training.
- They will also possess a technical qualification e.g. Degree, HNC/ HND, ONC, C&G, Aviation Engineer’s license, Marine engineers Certificate and will have 0 to 3 years experience in a related industry. Higher experience/skill levels may balance lower academic qualifications, and vice versa.
- Experience in an overseas/offshore environment is desirable as is familiarity with rotating equipment and PLC systems. This experience may be either Mechanical or Instrument/ Electrical and will show aptitude for a cross-disciplined approach to the job. Where regionally required, the FSR I will hold and maintain a offshore medical and survival certificate and/or other training/certifications as needed.
Minimum Education Level:
- Technical College (Non-US).
- Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the country in which this position is located. For information on employment eligibility in the United States, please visit the U.S. Immigration Services website.
- This position does not qualify for relocation.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: The preferred candidate must be a Nigerian national
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)