The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Alternative Care Support Officer
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
- To provide quality care for children through provision of alternative care to children who are deprived of parental care, in line with UN’s Guidelines on alternative care of children.
- Provides and take control of alternative care provision to children who are deprived of parental care, in line with UN’s Guidelines on alternative care of children.
- Regulate and monitor the quality of the alternative care solution provided to children who are deprived of parental care and / or
- Support the Transition from institution to community-based care
- Prevent the unnecessary separation of children from their parent.
- Reporting and Documentation.
- Design and Planning Support Programmes according to the project specifications and CP minimum standard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or other related field
- Excellent knowledge of Child Protection and GBV minimum standards and basic principles
- Excellent knowledge of psychosocial support basic principles and PSS key messages to vulnerable children and caregivers
- Excellent knowledge of child and adult development and learning
- Excellent knowledge of basic facilitation skills
- Excellent knowledge of safe identification and referral principles
- Good knowledge of GBV and Child Protection case management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Flexible working hours’ availability
Other required qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian settings, specifically in Child Protection and Alternative Care Support System
- Experience managing teams
- Experience providing on the job coaching and mentoring and building capacity of staff
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable in a multicultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Fluency in Hausa and English Language
- Previous experience managing large teams
Job Title: Child Protection Case Worker
Location: (Ngala, Bama, Banki, Dikwa, Damboa, Mafa), Borno
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
Slots: 12 Openings
- The Caseworker will be responsible for providing individual case management as part of the case management project.
- The Caseworker will conduct all steps of the case management process for an assigned number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC and CAAFAG) and their families in this process.
- Provide individual case management for children in Borno location in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support to families, foster and alternative care systems.
- Communicate regularly with CM assistant for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Grant Monitoring & Reporting: Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Coordination & Representation: Directly communicate effectively with other caseworkers and service providers as part of conducting individual case management.
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level.
- Program Development: Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop program.
- Technical Diploma or degree in Social Work, Human Rights, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1year experience of implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Fluency in English and/or (other languages) preferred or required.
Job Title: Case Management Officer
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 Months
The Case Management officer, under the supervision of the Child Protection Specialist/Technical Adviser will be responsible for:
- Supervising the implementation of the Case Management activities in the various communities
- Supervising case workers
- Supervising and participating case conference and case review the
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholder involved in CP
- The Case Manager officer will ensure that project activities are consistent with CHAD’S programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support on and keep up-to-date a map of existing services to which children and families can be referred to.
- Link case workers with service providers and support effective collaboration
- Supervise and coach case workers on the identification, assessment, documentation, referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families
- Supervise and support the case workers in family visits if necessary
- Organize weekly case management conferences/ case review with all case workers
- Ensure that case workers respect confidentiality and follow ethical guidelines
- Ensure that files, registers and computer databases are used in an appropriate and correct manner and ensure case workers adhere to proper documentation and data protection protocols
- Support the implementation of the Inter-Agency Child Protection Information Management System
- Review the follow up of cases, and ensure all cases are managed within acceptable timelines
- Work in close collaboration with the community mobilisers to strengthen our relationship with the community and to strengthen the referral system.
- Work with the child protection team to ensure close links between case management and our work with community based child protection mechanism.
- Ensure internal referral mechanisms (with other sectors) are in place and cases are appropriately managed and followed up when referred
- Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including community members, community leaders and families
- Document best practice, case studies and learning
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Child Protection officer.
- Ensure that major challenges are flagged early, and addressed in an appropriate way;
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks
- Support the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for case management implementation.
- Support the Child Protection Manager in the ongoing capacity building of case workers
- Submit regular case management reports and ensure that information is kept up to date
- Coordinate with other agencies offering case management services to children on referral and transfer of cases
Skills and Behaviours (CHAD Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling CHAD values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for CHAD, engages and motivates others
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and with relevant external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Do no harm and confidentiality.
- Experience in project management and supervision of staff.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions.
- Knowledge and understanding of inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, including the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action.
How To Apply
interested and qualified candidates must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
Center for Community and Health Development International (CHAD) Office,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
Application Deadline 18th July, 2019.
APPLY ALSO FOR : Nationwide Recruitment In A Reputable Health Company ( 108 slots )
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Latest Recruitment 2019
- Mass Recruitment at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), 21st August 2019
- A Reputable Construction Company in Northern Nigeria : Ongoing recruitment ( 5 states )
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 38
- Adamawa State 18
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 11
- Benue State 10
- Borno State 18
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 228
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 14
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1066
- Gombe State 11
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1550
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 11
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 10
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 13
- Lagos State 166
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1150
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 16
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 15
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 27
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 10
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9