Asharami Energy Limited, a Sahara Group Company, is an oil exploration and production company with a strategy to deliver long term and sustainable growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Account Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for monitoring and recording all inventory transactions in the general ledger. Identify ideal inventory method, implement, monitor and ensure adequate control mechanism.
- Oversee the entire inventory process from stock inflow and outflow. Provide real time Inventory position and monetary value of stock.
- Monitor timely and accurate capture of all inventory transactions: inflows and outflows
- Generate and analyze inventory data to determine and advise inventory cost, selling price and profit margin
- Update and maintain daily, weekly and monthly inventory report and position
- Manage the monthly financial closing for the inventory and costing processes
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required
- Identify inventory variances and causes and reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Analyze inventory related overhead cost and variable cost to ensure proper cost allocation
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and maintain count records
- Provide expert advice and timely information as regards inventory to management and other units to aid decision making
- Provide information to the Commercial department to enable pricing decisions
- Oversee the entire inventory process and ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls
- Adhoc duties as advised by the company Knowledge/Skills:
- Strong grasp of IFRS accounting and general accounting concepts
- Must possess knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria
- ERP experience required, strong preference for Oracle experience
- Must have knowledge of different inventory valuation methods
- Must be able to do complex analysis required to find and address inventory variances.
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or relevant field
- Relevant Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA , CIMA or CPA
- At least 5 years post-NYSC work experience in a similar role.
- Business management experience across a range of business disciplines
- Agility to commit to an action based on logical assumptions and factual information (using analytical tools), taking into consideration resources, constraints, etc.
- Has leadership and management abilities to coordinate inventory custodians across several locations
- Possesses a passion to help team members and ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Strong analytical prowess and detail-oriented
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- External customers – including International Oil Companies
- Cross-functional with multiple departments
- External bodies such as Board of Directors, NSE, Capital Market, etc.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Treasury & Tax Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- To ensure an effective custody and management of all company funds through complete documentation of all bank and cash transaction and reconciliation of Bank and Petty Cash balance in the General ledger.
- To ensure tax remittances and statutory payments are properly accounted for, remitted and filed in order to prevent penalties
- Makes all payment for Asharami Energy- writes and issues cheques, prepares telegraphic transfer instructions (Naira and Foreign currency), maintains and administers petty cash (Nigeria and foreign currency)
- Monitors and processes banking transactions in collaboration with the Management and Project Accountant
- Liaison with various banks where company accounts are maintained.
- Enforces policies, procedures and internal controls related to bank and cash operations.
- Prepares and submits a daily cash report for all bank accounts. This details Asharami Energy’s cash positions in all banks.
- Assists with cash flow planning so that all debt payment and other obligation are paid timely and ensure accurate and timely transfer of funds to meet foreign payment obligations.
- Collection and receipting of all crude proceeds and cash calls received by Asharami Energy
- Ensure safety and security of all cash and cheques by putting them in the safe at the close of business on a daily basis.
- Handling of Treasury related queries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts assigned-Naira and Dollar.
- Timely remittance and reconciliations on remittances made with Tax authorities
- Timely payment and filing of statutory payments (WHT; PPT; CIT; NCD and VAT) for all Asharami Energy subsidiaries
- Filing of Transfer pricing for all upstream companies
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
- Accounting Graduate with 3 years of work experience in similar role
- Relevant Professional Qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a minimum of final stage in Professional Examinations.
- Good knowledge of personal computers and proficiency in MS-Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of banking operations.
- Basic knowledge of tax remittance rates and deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasking and coordination.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Finance Manager
- Management Accountant
- Tax authorities
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
Subscribe to Get Job & News Alert on your Email
- Job For Civil & Marine Project Engineer at Adexen Recruitment Agency, 19th June, 2019
- Oshiomhole Seidu, Others Beaten Up By Thugs
- Job Recruitment at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited, 19th June, 2019
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) : Latest Job Recruitment 19th June, 2019
- A Newly Established University : 2019 Job Recruitment [ South South Nigeria ]
HOT JOBS RECOMMEND FOR YOU
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 8
- Contract Job 6
- Engineering Jobs 13
- Entry-level Jobs 205
- Featured 8
- Full time jobs 746
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Internship Jobs 36
- JOB FOR SSCE 62
- Jobs and Recruitment 1170
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 5
- Jobs in Education 9
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 77
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 105
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 230
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 771
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Oil and Gas Company 26
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 4