Lagos State Govt Raids Illegal Abattoirs; Seize Cow And Butchered Meat
The Lagos state government has begun a clampdown on illegal abbatoirs in the state.
Earlier today September 3, men of the re-inaugurated Monitoring, Enforcement, and Compliance Team dislodged an illegal slaughter slab at Oke Rube, Ikotun, Alimosho Local government in furtherance of the sanitization of the red meat value chain.
The monitoring team seized a cow and butchered meat from the illegal slab and also arrested the operators of the illegal slab.
Speaking on the exercise, the state acting Commissioner for Agriculture, Abisola Olusanya,
“The dismantling of the abattoir is necessary because the state is concerned about the production of wholesome and healthy meat for the citizens as well as ensure that the streets are free of stray animals, which has lately become more rampant in the state.
We will also strictly enforce meat transportation, using only the designated vehicles and stray animals control”
The Commissioner added that the confiscated meat will be donated to charity while the live cows would be kept at the Oko-Oba abattoir, Agege to be claimed by their owners within 48 hours or they would also be donated to charity.
She added that the arrested butchers would be prosecuted at the Lagos State taskforce mobile court.
See More Photos Below;
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)