The Lagos State Commissioner for Health Akin Abayomi, has tested positive for Coronavirus.
The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, disclosed this in a statement released this morning, Monday, August 24.
The statement disclosed that the Commissioner is asymptomatic and is doing very well. It reads
”Subsequent to close contact with persons feeling unwell and testing positive for the COVID-19 infection, the Honorable Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, has tested positive for the virus.
Professor Abayomi became aware of his status following the required testing protocol of contact tracing procedures.
However, he is doing well with no symptoms. Adhering to the protocol of the homebased strategy in Lagos State, the Honorable Commissioner will be isolating in his home for the next 14 days but will continue to discharge his duties both as the Deputy Incident Commander of the Incident Command System for COVID-19 and most especially, as the Honorable Commissioner for Health.
Our prayers are with him and his family during his period of isolation.”
# Lagos State Commissioner for Health Akin Abayomi
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022