Over 1,500 new samples have been confirmed positive for COVID-19 across 24 states and the federal capital territory (FCT) as the number of new cases continues to rise with the country experiencing a second wave of infections.
This is the fourth consecutive day that Nigeria will record over 1,000 new coronavirus infections — the first time the country exceeded 1,000 cases in its single-day count was on December 17, 2020.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed the new cases in its update for January 7, 2021.
With the new figure, more than 8,000 samples have been confirmed positive for the coronavirus within the past seven days.
According to the breakdown, Lagos recorded the most new cases with 807 infections — this is the highest ever single-day count for state.
The NCDC also confirmed that 683 patients were discharged on Thursday, which included “314 community recoveries in Lagos state, 158 in Kaduna state and 84 in Plateau state managed in line with guidelines”.
However, six persons were confirmed to have died on Thursday, making it a total of 1,330 COVID-19 fatalities.
Lagos currently accounts for the highest figure of fatalities with 250 deaths, followed by Edo with 117, and FCT with 106.
A total of 95,934 COVID-19 infections have now been confirmed across Nigeria, with 77,982 patients now discharged, while 16,622 are still active cases.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded , %title%
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]