An 11- year-old girl who was physically assaulted by her father has been rescued by The Directorate of Citizens Rights, Lagos State Ministry of Justice.
The minor was rescued after a neighbour on a street in Ikosi, Ketu, Lagos reported to the Directorate of Citizens Rights.
Rights, Mrs Oluwatoyin Odusanya, said officials of the Ministry of Justice gathered that the assault on the girl occurred on several occasions before it was formally reported to the authorities.
“The good neighbour stated that the 61 year old man who lost his wife, the mother of the victim and had remarried, was always in the habit of assaulting the victim and her Sibling”, the Director explained.
She noted that the officials of Child Protection Unit, Lagos State ministry of Youth and Social Development has taken the alleged perpetrator to the Police for further investigations.
The Director, Child Protection Unit, Mrs. Olubukayo Odukoya, said the victim would be taken to a government facility for a total rehabilitation.
Google Search Terms
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)