The Government of Lagos State has further eased restrictions on social gatherings and event centres across the state.
This was contained in a press statement titled ‘Lagos State Government eases restrictions on social and event centres’, on Friday.
The statement was signed by Commissioner for Tourism, Arts and Culture, Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile Yusuff, and the Director-General, Lagos State Safety Commission, Mr. Lanre Mojola.
“The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu, after due consultation and deliberations with relevant stakeholders and MDA’s including The Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture and Lagos State Safety Commission has approved the further easing of social centres across the State with immediate effect,” it added.
Meanwhile, Akinbile-Yusuff and Mojola have issued new guidelines for social/event facilities reopening.
While stating that COVID-19 protocols must be complied with, the officials said that “any violation of this protocol shall attract fines and penalties in line with the Lagos State Infectious Diseases Control Regulation 2020”.
Some of the guidelines stated that event centres must register before reopening and event duration should not exceed a maximum period of six hours.
The guidelines read in part, “All event centres must hold a valid license of The Lagos State Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture prior to operating as an event center in the State.
“Safety Marshals shall be deployed by an accredited event safety consultant from Lagos State Safety Commission for every social event with attendance exceeding over 200 people.
“Occupancy limit at any event must not exceed 50 per cent of the maximum design capacity of the hall, wherein Occupancy Limit stickers provided by the Lagos State Safety Commission must be boldly pasted at the entrance of the event hall.
“Maximum allowable capacity for Event Centers irrespective of occupancy limit is 500 people. Deep cleaning must be carried out before and after every event.
“Physical distancing shall be maintained between seated guests and a maximum number of seated guests should be six people on a table of 10 persons.
“Event duration should not exceed a maximum period of six hours.
“Event center owners/ planners/vendors would be responsible for any breach of protocols by their staff.”
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021