The ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Lagos State says Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu stays undaunted and couldn’t be distracted from delivering on his social contract with the people.
The APC Publicity Secretary in Lagos, Seye Oladejo, stated this while reacting to calls by the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to Sanwo-Olu to think about resignation in view of what PDP known as “the collapse of good governance in the state, particularly in the last 10 days”.
ALSO READ : Opeation Beast: Soldier spotted beating a woman in Ibadan for ‘indecent’ dressing, cuts the hair of some passers-by after allegedly harassing and extorting them (videos)
Oladejo stated the PDP call is an invite to anarchy, saying “the call for resignation remains the wish of a frustrated opposition battling its permanent implosion”.
According to him, the dream of PDP to govern Lagos state via the back door after persistent rejection on the polls stays a nightmare.
Oladejo stated that the truth that the wanton destruction of public properties, utilities and individual investment in Lagos within the aftermath of #EndSARS protest had thrown the PDP camp into unprecedented jubilation was loaded with that means.
“The PDP in Lagos state that suddenly came to life in the past week owes the innocent members of the public detailed explanation about its ignominious and condemnable role in the mayhem.
“The intermittent falsehood about governance in the state fed to the unsuspecting public fanned the ember of the unprecedented violence which has left in its wake sorrow, tears and blood.
“The daylight murder of police officers and the razing of several stations across the state has no doubt taken its toll on our security architecture, but the state government is working assiduously to provide temporary accommodation to forestall the breakdown of law and order. We are persuaded by the firm assurance of the governor to revamp our losses in no time,” he stated.
According to Oladejo, the flag-off ceremony of the reconstruction of the Eleko to Epe T- junction street is an eloquent testimony that governance is just not on recess within the state.
He added that the security of lives and property and all-round growth stay the precedence of the Lagos State authorities.
Oladejo stated that the unlucky event of the past two weeks which took off as a peaceable nationwide protest and snowballed to the breakdown of regulation and order remained regrettable and distasteful and should not be used to play politics.
Calling on the governor to resign, the PDP stated in a statement on Sunday, by its Publicity Secretary, Taofik Gani, that the governor appeared to have been overwhelmed by the present challenges going through the state.
The PDP spokesman stated: “This counselling is in good faith and for the overall interest of the state.
“If this state continues to experience the collapses in next 72 hours, it may suffer a declaration of state of emergency, a step that would likely deprive all.
“The PDP is even more expedient for the governor to welcome the counsel to step aside now that the Nigerian Army has revealed him as the person who invited the soldiers to go and quell the Lekki protests.”
“Obviously, Lagosians can no longer trust a governor who denies his conspiracy actions in government.”
According to him, Sanwo-Olu has no ethical standing value being pleased with and he should admit this and honourably depart the stage as governor of the state.
# Lagos APC
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]