The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the Kogi West senatorial rerun election inconclusive.
According to the returning officer, Professor Olayinde Lawal, the margin between the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Smart Adeyemi and that of the Peoples Democratic Party, Senator Dino Melaye is 20,570.
He announced that Mr Adeyemi polled a total of 80,118 votes, while Senator Melaye got 59,548 votes from the seven Local Government Areas in the senatorial district.
Prof Lawal explained that the total margin between both candidates is lower than the 43,127 registered voters in 53 polling units of 20 registration areas in the zone where elections were canceled.
The returning officer, who declared the election inconclusive said, he is constrained by law to declare a winner because of the lead margin between the leading candidates.
He added that INEC will announce a new date for the conduct of a supplementary election in the 53 polling units before a winner can be returned.
Below is a breakdown of how both parties performed in the seven LGA’s
Kogi/Koton Karfe LGA
Yagba East LGA
Yagba West LGA
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications