The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested the Controller of Kirikiri Correctional Centre, Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, a Deputy Controller and another top official of the Nigeria Correctional Services, Hemeson Edson Edwin, for aiding a convicted fraudster to transact several business deals worth over $1 million from inside.
The anti-graft agency arrested the prison official, Emmanuel Oluwaniyi, after news got out that Hope Aroke, a convict, was allowed to receive treatment outside the prison, where he is serving a 24-year jail term.
The EFCC said Mister Aroke, who is called “H.Money”, masterminded a million dollar scam from prison, using a network of accomplices.
The agency’s investigation showed the convict had access to the internet and mobile phone in detention.
The head of the medical center at Kirikiri Prison has also been arrested.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)