kidnapping School Children is Better Than Ransacking Towns, Killing Residents – Sheikh Gumi Defends Bandits on BBC Pidgin
Sheikh Gumi, a well-known Islamic cleric, has stated that kidnapping schoolchildren is a lesser evil when compared to bandits ransacking towns and killing residents.
While appearing on BBC Pidgin, the cleric who has been visiting bandits in the forest in an attempt to negotiate a peace deal with them revealed this.
When compared to the ransacking of towns and the killing of their residents, Gumi believes kidnapping schoolchildren is a lesser evil.
The cleric also claimed that his meetings were yielding positive results, claiming that bandits are now more cautious when it comes to human lives.
“Kidnapping children from school is a lesser evil because you can negotiate at the end of the day, and bandits are now very cautious about human lives,” he said.
“Previously, a bandit’s mission was to enter a town, ransack it, and kill people. By this, I can say that our preaching is working, and that banditry in Zamfara and other states is, hopefully, coming to an end.
“Bandits are now more cautious with their lives and only want to carry out sensational attacks to draw attention to themselves.”
# kidnapping School Children is Better Than Ransacking Towns
Pay Attention To:
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst