Kidnapped Nollywood Actors, Cynthia Okereke, Clemson Agbogidi Regain freedom
The release of Cynthia Okereke and Clemson Agbogidi by their captors was announced by the Actors Guild of Nigeria.
The movie stars were released unharmed and in good health, according to a statement posted by the Actors Guild of Nigeria on its official Instagram page on Wednesday, August 3, 2022. It said;
“We are happy to announce that Clemson Cornel Agbogidi and actress Cynthia Okereke, who were abducted, have been freed unharmed. Their release by the kidnappers, who were moved by the spirit of God to set them free and uninjured, was announced by the jubilant National President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ejezie Emeka Rollas.
“The Guild has arranged for the victims’ medical examinations and psychological support. The National President conveyed the families’ sincere gratitude to the Nollywood industry and all Nigerians for their support and prayers during the tough time.
“He reminded members to exercise vigilance regarding their personal security at all times, both on and off the set of movies.”
- FG confirms purchase of N1.4bn worth of vehicles for Niger Republic, Gives Reason
- Outrage as Buhari approves N1.4 billion to purchase vehicles for Niger republic
- How Gunmen Attacked a Convoy, Injured AIG, and Killed One Police Officer Emerges
Recall that on Friday, July 29, while Cynthia Okereke and Clemson Agbogidi were returning from a filming location in Ozalla town in Enugu state, they were abducted.
Their captors called their family on Saturday and demanded $100,000 in ransom. The guild was only able to raise N1.2 million, according to AGN President Emeka Rollas.
In a social media video, he stated, “We were trying to convey to the kidnappers that we were putting some money together, that we were donating. We mentioned having almost N1.2 million. They then began making fun of us.
Recommended Naija News Today
- FG Sets Date for Civil Servants Promotion Examinations
- Dollar to Naira Black Market Rate Today Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Nkem Owoh finally speaks on rejecting N10 million to support Tinubu
- Sam Omatseye Cries out after backlash over ‘Obi-tuary’ article
- Npower Latest News on payment of June, July and August Stipends Today Wednesday, August 3, 2022
“They began making fun of us and asking, ‘Why haven’t your celebs contributed, given all they’re putting on Instagram?'”
The announcement did not mention whether a ransom was paid for the actors’ release, despite the fact that they had already been freed.
That is the latest Naija News Today on Kidnapped Nollywood Actors, Cynthia Okereke, Clemson Agbogidi Regain freedom
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News