Niger State Governor Abubakar Sani-Bello on Friday said, that the abducted students and teachers of the Government Science College, Kagara, have not yet been released by their abductors.
In the early hours of Wednesday, bandits stormed the school, killing one student and kidnapping 27 students, three teachers and 12 family members.
On Friday, rumours were rife after popular Islamic cleric Sheikh Ahmad Gumi met with the bandits, that the kidnappers had released the students and others.
But Bello denounced the release rumours, saying that the students and others were still held captive.
The governor, however, said the government was in the last stage of negotiations with the bandits.
He promised that they would soon release the victims.
Pay Attention To:
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited