The Divisional Police Officer, Delta State command, who was allegedly kidnapped along Benin-Asaba Expressway on Friday between Onicha-Ugbo and Issele-Uku axis has regained his freedom.
A source at the state police command headquarters in Asaba told the Punch that the victim was freed by his abductors after paying a ransom of N3 million.
The gunmen were said to have shot indiscriminately before whisking the victim away to an unknown destination. The victim, whose name was given as Mr. Okoro is in charge of Galilee Police Station, Ute-Ogbeje community in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state.He reportedly regained his freedom on Sunday after the negotiated ransom was dropped at a designated location for the abductors to pick.
The Commissioner of Police Delta State, Mr. Adeyinka Adeleke, however, denied the incident and the subsequent payment of ransom. He said it was the DPO’s friend, who was kidnapped. He added that he had been in touch with the DPO and that the police does not support the payment of ransom for kidnap victims.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Titan Trust Bank Recruitment 2021/2022 For Graduates
- Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022 – NCS Application Form & Portal Registration
- Massive Recruitment At Wema Bank Plc ( Apply Now )
- SaroAfrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (North and Middle-Belt)
- Saroafrica Graduate Trainee 2022 (East, West & South)
- Jobs in Nigeria Today at FHON Consulting Limited
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022