Chief Oko’s brother was abducted on Saturday when he took ransom to the abductors.
“It was learnt that Champion brother was kidnapped when he went with the ransom; the hoodlums collected the ransom, released Champion (his brother) and then held the brother asking for more ransom,” a source hinted.
It was likewise discovered that a person of the Calabar socialites, whose identity is yet to be understood, was abducted on Saturday, February 22, at Efio-Ete Axis in Calabar town about 9: 00 pm.
A witness, Eno Emmanuel, stated the kidnappers had traced the victim to a joint at Efio-Ete where they concealed and later on struck as quickly as he entered his vehicle to head for the house.
Eno, who offers oranges around the junction, stated: “We just heard a gunshot and we thought they were robbers because most times they just come shoot and carry something and zoom off. But this one was different. They just carried one man and took off.”
However, household sources exposed that Champion and his brother were released after paying N3.5m ransom, while Chief Desmond was released on Saturday night after paying about N2m to his kidnappers.
Sadly, the abductors of the accounting personnel of Chronicle paper, Maurice Archibong, have called the household and required N1.5m as ransom before his release.
For the speaker, David Ugwu of the University of Calabar blended away at his home along Atimbo, his kidnappers require for N15m.
Meanwhile, some top Igbo organisation men were stated to have sent out a delegation to Akwa Ibom federal government to designate some tract where they can construct stores as Cross River is ending up being too insecure.
Sources near the Igbo neighbourhood management in the state revealed that they had a series of conferences in recent times, recommending Igbo organisation men to attempt and move their services to a more solid state instead of earning money for abductors.
The State Police Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo, in an interview stated, “We are aware that somebody has been kidnapped, but I have not been briefed by the anti-kidnapping squad if at all the matter has been reported to the squad.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff