Kelechi is the natural replacement for Vardy’ – Ex AFOTY Ikpeba on Iheanacho’s new Leicester deal.
Former African Footballer of the Year and 1996 Olympics gold medalist is of the opinion that Kelechi Iheanacho can step into the shoes of Jamie Vardy when the aging Leicester City striker calls time on his career.
Iheanacho has hit a rich vein of form for the Foxes, scoring seven goals in his last five games in all competitions and was recently named the Premier League Player of the Month for March.
Few days after returning from international duty with the Super Eagles, Iheanacho signed a new contract with Leicester City, where he will now stay until at least the end of the 2023-2024 season.
Speaking on Iheanacho’s new deal, Ikpeba said on Super Sport’s Monday Night Football : “Deserving in some ways because his performance in the last few weeks is a signal to Brendan Rodgers that Kelechi might be a good replacement for Vardy, he’s not getting younger.
“If Kelechi has the confidence of the manager and his teammates, if they give him those passes he will score goals.
“So in some ways Kelechi is just like the natural replacement for Vardy, I think so.
“For him to have a three-year extension, it says volumes in modern football.
” Iheanacho joined Leicester City from Manchester City in the summer of 2017 for a fee of 25 million pounds.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Lagos State Teacher Recruitment Form 2021 is out
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment