Following former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s critical condolence message to late senator Buruji Kashamu, the National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has warned him to be kind to the dead.
ALSO READ : Senator Buruji Kashamu Escaped Justice for Alleged Crime But Couldn’t Beat Death –Obasanjo Reacts
The former Lagos state governor said that the death of Senator Buruji Kashamu is a big loss to not only the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) but to Nigeria as a whole.
Recall that Obasanjo in his condolence letter to Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state had maintained that even though Kashamu manoeuvred the law and politics to escape justice from alleged criminal offence in Nigeria and outside, he could not escape death as no legal or political maneuver could stop the cold hand of death.
Tinubu in apparent response to Obasanjo’s remark said “Kashamu’s sudden death has demonstrated the transience of human life and rekindles the fact that death is inevitable for every mortal. As such, it behoves on us to be kind to the dead”.
“I’m deeply shocked and saddened by the news of the passing of Senator Buruji Kashamu. He was a notable leader in the country and a true grassroots politician. He fought for his convictions, for the people of Ogun State and for his country.
Senator Kashamu was also a good party man. He was unwavering in his support for his party, PDP, through all the twists and turns of his political life. His passing is a big loss to the larger political family in Nigeria”.
“He worked assiduously to advance the political and economic fortunes of his state. Kashamu represented, with merit, Ogun East in the 8th National Assembly and worked well for his constituents.
“He was a kind and generous man, a philanthropist in his own right and an astute businessman.
I admire his political doggedness and sagacity, and his steadfastness in pursuing whatever he believes in, though we were never in the same political party”.
“His passing has lengthened the grotesque list of important personalities that have been lost to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It is also a sad reminder that the deadly virus remains very much with us. We must all continue to embrace all the protective protocols recommended by the government and health authorities, even as we gradually begin the re-opening of our economy and return to a new normal in our life styles”.
“I mourn with his family, particularly his wives, children and grandchildren. May Almighty Allah lay His hands of protection on them at this moment. I mourn with his friends and associates across the country.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International